Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Infusion set success!

Thank you Bernard, Megan and Johnboy for your words of wisdom!

I did an infusion set change today. I must have let the IV prep dry just the right amount, because it stuck perfectly!

It's so awesome to have the OC as a resource! I love to read posts from other diabetics about their own struggle, because it makes me feel "normal." I love sharing my thoughts about diabetes and life and having people respond, "I get that." And, it's totally awesome to ask some little random question and get real world feedback! So cool.

Also, I inserted this set on my side. This was big for me, since I'd been sticking to my stomach for sites. However, there's not a ton of surface area there, so it was time to start trying new places.

So far so good!

4 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Excellent!

     
  • At 3:33 AM, Blogger Bernard said…

    That's great, I hope it continues to work for you.

    Isn't it amazing how a little thing, like degree of dryness, can make infusion set insertion even harder.

     
  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Johnboy said…

    Kelsey, that's great!

    Hey have you been doing much follow up with your CDE since your pump start?

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kelsey said…

    Hey Johnboy,

    Nope, not really. I had my quarterly endo appointment last week. I got to chat for a few minutes with the nurse that trained me, but nothing extensive.

    I can see that the patient really has to seek out help with pumping!

    How's it going for you?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home