Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Friday at 1 p.m.

I spoke to Joann, my pump trainer/diabetic nurse on Wednesday morning.

Work was CRAZY! But I snuck in a few calls to my endo's office to arrange an appointment with Joann. Finally got ahold of her around 11:45 a.m.

I fully anticipated having to wait until next Wednesday, September 27 to be trained. Joann is only at my endo's on Wednesdays until noon, so I had my fingered crossed that she'd be able to fit me in next week.

She did better than that!

Joann explained that she doesn't do pump trainings at the doctor's offices, she'd meet me at my house. I asked her when would work for her and she replied, "How about this Friday?" As in the day after tomorrow!

So, at 1 p.m. tomorrow I'll be training on my pump!! Could this process seriously get any easier?! I'll be pumping exactly 9 days after I made the initial call, asking, "What's the process of starting the pump?"

Hopefully the smooth process will continue through my first infusion site tomorrow!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Johnboy said…

    Wow, how great for you! It took me a good couple of 2+ weeks to get something scheduled.

    Fabulous!

    Please let us know how it goes.

     
  • At 3:22 PM, Blogger Johnboy said…

    Oh, Kelsey. I am using the Cleo 90s and so far so good! :)

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Ok, dying to know how it went!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home