Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Diabetes Inspiration

Here's another quote that is inspiring when dealing with the day in and day out struggles of diabetes management:
"I discovered I always have choices, and sometimes it's only a choice of attitude." -Abraham Lincoln

This is especially important to remember when those pesky highs sneak up on you! I found myself feeling a little down yesterday... I thought "what's bothering me?... oh yeah, the blood sugar result I just got was 200 mg/dl, that's why!" It's amazing how much our "success" with blood sugar can affect our mood. When you realize how many times we're going to test our blood in our lives, that's a lot of opportunities to be bummed out.

Time for an attitude adjustment!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM, Blogger Caro said…

    You're so right!

     
  • At 3:17 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Hi Kelsey!

    I agree 100%! I also sometimes find that when my BG is high I'm just depressed in general - I think there is some physiological reason for that.

    So, when I recognize that I'm high, and that I'm depressed, and I think that I'm depressed due to that high, I just chalk it up to that high BG. If I'm still feeling bummy when I'm in range, then I'll start to look at what else could be going on.

    Great quote, great post.

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    Oh........the numbers............I'm having a couple of really good weeks where my numbers are on target with minimal effort. Yet, it is hard to feel upbeat because I'm now thinking "how long is this gonna last", "don't get too happy about this because chaos is bound to fly in at any time"...blah blah blah. That little troll under the bridge keeps taunting me and I think I should find a great big garbage can to put over his head.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home