Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Anniversary Meme!

I liked this meme that Kassie posted so much, I thought I'd fill it out a month early! My 13th Diabetes Anniversary is next month... so here are 13 Great Things I've Done Since July 27, 1993.

1. Transferred to Saint Bernard's High School and had a graduating class of 44 students! Got to experience great people and a wonderful sense of family at our school.

2. Went to the National Youth Leadership Conference in Washington DC for 2 weeks! Fell in love with DC (again) and felt so grown up flying across the country with one of my closest friends, Beth Morrison.

3. Went on an extensive college search, looking for just the right school. My dad and I had the best time visiting Notre Dame and dreaming of my future.

4. Chose Saint Mary's College of California after learning about the Intergral Program. Spent 4 years reading the Great Books of Western Thought with 14 wonderful friends. Completely changed the way I think and see the world.

5. Traveled to Okinawa, Japan to visit my "first love"- had my heart broken and survived!

6. Went to Martinique for a month with 9 other women (and our male teacher!) to study the colonization of the Caribbean... amazing!

7. Graduated from SMC with a degree and a wonderful friendship with my college roommate Michelle My Belle!

8. Moved to San Diego, got my first real job at a law firm downtown.

9. Supported my parents and siblings while our family underwent some major changes (parent's divorce, family home sold, family dog passed away...rough year!)

10. Met my husband at work and enjoyed our wonderful year of dating.

11. Started grad school at San Diego State University in History and studied like I've never studied before.

12. Had the wedding of my dreams on November 6, 2004.

13. Became a "born-again" diabetic and quickly lowered my A1C to my goal number using injections! Getting my body ready for a baby :)

I can't wait to see what the next 13 years have in store for me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home