Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Happy Anniversary to Me!

Today is my 13th Diabetes Anniversary!

I've officially (almost) had diabetes for half of my life! I was diagnosed when I was 13 1/2, so actually the halfway point will be just after my 27 birthday in January... I'm not quite sure why this seems significant. For the rest of my life, diabetes will be something I've lived with longer than I was free of it... kinda weird.

I thought I'd commemorate my anniversary with a quote I really enjoy, and that sums up the life of a diabetic quite nicely:
"Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly." - Julie Andrews

2 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    A very happy anniversary to you!

    I to celebrate my anniversary, but I don't know the exact date I was diagnosed. So, I just celebrate for the entire month! :-)

    I love your quote - very powerful.

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    Happy anniversary to you, my friend. I remember that moment when I realized I had passed the "lived with longer than I was free of it" point - I was 13 years old. Now, fast approaching my 20 year mark as a diabetic, I'm proud of what I've accomplished and I look forward to a lo-oooong life of friends and family and ... probably blogging. :)

    Best to you. Congratulations on your fantastic outlook.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home