Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Reflections #1

I've had this book for years and it just recently made its way to my nightstand and ultimately as my first choice for bedtime reading. Many of you may have heard of it, or already have it. It's called Medications on Diabetes: Strengthening your Spirit in Every Season, by Catherine Feste.

I figured I'd share some of my family quotes and thoughts from this book, since it's inspiring me to consider my mental and spiritual side of being diabetic (or a PWD).

People would consider me an optimist, I've been accused of such many a time. There's nothing in my life that requires a good attitude more than diabetes. If anything can get you down about life it's a disease that demands constant attention and sacrifice! This is a great quote to remind us that our attitude is critically important to our success:

"No pessimist ever discovered the secrets of the stars or sailed to an uncharted land or opened a new heaven to the human spirit." - Helen Keller

3 Comments:

  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    I just love Cathy Feste! She's great!

     
  • At 7:17 PM, Blogger Kassie said…

    sorry to hijack but I wanted to thank you for ordering my book and let you know that you should request a free one from Bayer (courtesy of the Dream Fund). The phone # is up at www.parentswithdiabetes.com

     
  • At 6:35 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Kelsey,
    This has nothing to do with your post but in your comment on my blog you said it took you a while to get used to lower blood sugars & I was wondering how long is a while? It seems like I can never get used to it.
    Thanks, Melissa

     

Post a Comment

<< Home