Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My weekend of dehydration

We had our first HOT weekend in San Diego... what do my husband and I decided to do? Go to the beach like the thousands of other folks in our city? Escape the heat in an air-conditioned movie theater? Hit the pool? Nope, we play 90 minutes of tennis in the mid-morning heat without being properly hydrated. Sounds like much more fun-huh?!

I spent the rest of Saturday feeling "off." I figured I was just tired from the exercise. Sunday morning the vomiting started. I barely ate all day, gave myself TONS of insulin and sipped down 1 liter of Pedialyte. Good times.

I took Monday off to relax and make sure my blood sugars did not go extremely high.

Two and a half straight days of lying on the couch watching TV sure makes you want to be a productive member of society again!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:32 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Yuck! That sounds like no fun at all!

    Glad you're back to feeling better!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger George said…

    I am glad you are doing better now. Hey I finally found someone on the west coast in the OC! Are we the only 2?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home