Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Express Lane

I've decided that we "frequent flyers" at the lab should have a special express lane for our blood drawings...

My husband and I spent just under 2 hours waiting to get my blood drawn on Saturday morning! There is only one lab in San Diego open on Saturdays, so myself and everyone else was there bright and early at 9 am! What a great way to spend a beautiful weekend (can you sense my sarcasm?!)

Then, once I FINALLY get in, the guy kinda gives me a hard time for wanting to lie down. I said, "Yeah, I'm a fainter" and he responded "Oh, I've never had anyone faint on me before!" Well, I'm not going to indulge you, sorry! He then gave me a running commentary of how hard my veins are to pin down... "Wow, they really roll don't they?" According to him I was his numerous "tough case" that morning. Why do technicians feel the need to tell me about my veins when I obviously have issues with the whole ordeal?!

Anyway, I was fine. Laying down makes all the difference in the world. I don't care that it's sort of lame, I'll just lay down for my blood drawings for the rest of my life :)

Three more months until I have to hit up the lab again... I think I'll go Friday morning and just be a little late to work!

1 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    An Express Lane is a great idea! Last time I went to the lab, I ahd to wait for nearly an hour. The waiting is the worst part of the whole ordeal for me, at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home