Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Musings on Saint Patrick's Day!

I like lists. Lists are good. Especially when you have a bunch of random thoughts without any real theme to link them. (I doubt this format will work for my thesis... darn!)

  • Today is Saint Patrick's Day and I'm wearing a new green shirt that looks much more electric green than it did in the store.
  • My boss is Irish and just sent an email to the shareholders and our department asking if we'd like to join him for some green beer at 11:30 this morning. He stated: "I might need somebody to watch me to be sure I get back by one as I have been known to disappear into the bowels of numerous Irish pubs downtown on March 17th if not adequately supervised, I might not return till Monday!" I have a great boss.
  • My streak is now at 19 days. Fitting in at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday is tricky. But once you're committed to it, you find a way. Case in point. I woke up late on Wednesday and didn't have time to do my Tae-bo before work. I HAD to do some reading after work. Hmm. When can I workout? I brought my running shoes, socks and a t-shirt to work, through them on at lunch and took a 40 minute walk up an down a large hill by my office. I took advantage of the weather in beautiful San Diego: 65 degrees, brillant sunshine with a strong breeze!
  • A side note to the beautiful weather comment: San Diego is amazing! That's why so many people want to live here and the median home price is almost $600K. Ridiculous!!
  • It's NCAA Tournament Time!! I love it! I ran three miles on the treadmill last night while watching the Gonazaga Bulldogs come back and defeat Xavier! I was so excited. If NCAA basketball was on everytime I ran, I'd be 105 pounds. Seriously. Adam Morrison is the most amazing player and I'm unendingly impressed with his ability to manage his type 1 diabetes during such intense games. (See previous blog on Adam).
  • The timing with the tournament and my thesis writing is not good. This week was spring break and I did just that... took a break! But, I don't have the luxury of time right now. I have a 30 page chapter of my thesis due at the end of April and my research has been minimal so far. Please pray for me.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day. I'll be having a green, low-carb beer by 6 p.m. tonight! Cheers!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Hi Kelsey!

    Great job on your exercise streak! I haven't been so good, but I'm not giving up.

    It's very encouraging to read about how you are able to get the exercise in even on days where it's really tough. Super great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home