Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Meme Time!

I have enjoyed reading the meme currently floating around the OC, so I thought I'd borrow it from Kerri, who borrowed it from Sandra, who borrowed... well, you get the idea!

The Meme~

1. Do you still have tonsils? Nope, they were yanked during my Spring Break from college my sophomore year.

2. Would you bungee jump? Never.

3. If You Could Do Anything In The World For A Living What Would It Be? I'd like to have Samantha Brown's job, hosting Great Hotels and traveling the world.

4. How many tattoos do you have? Zero.

5. Your favorite fictional animal? Smokey the Bear... I'm from the Redwoods after all.

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh? My bestest friend Michelle.

7. Do you consider yourself well organized? Yes, actually. I've learned the virtue of organization is sanity. It's the only way I've been able to work full time while in grad school.

8. Any Addictions? Just insulin, I'm hooked. Oh, and peanut butter.

9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? The Today show.

10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? Either... funny, I've never been to the circus, since my maiden name is Barnum!

11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A lawyer. My dad's one and I guess I didn't have much of an imagination.

12. Best Movie You've Seen This Year? Everything is Illuminated. Funny, poignant, historical... everything I like!

13. Favorite alcoholic drink? Rum and diet coke. Or Amber Bock (a Michelob beer).

14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Cuddle my husband for five more minutes.

15. Siblings? Brother, Rob and sister, Sarah. Both younger. We're all within 3 years... our mom's the best!

16. What is the best thing about your job? They've allowed me to work my schedule around school. Even though my degree has nothing to do with their business! (My masters is in history and I work for a CPA firm.)

17. Have you ever gone to therapy? Yes, therapy is great. I'm still benefiting from the few months I went in college.

18. If you could have one super power what would it be? Healing, definitely.

19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? Over half our apartment is furnished by Ikea.
Fun stuff.

20. Have you ever gone camping? Have I mentioned I'm from the Redwoods of Northern California. Camping was a given.

21. Gas prices! First thought? What a scam!

22. Your favorite cartoon character? Hewy, Dewy and Louie. Our parents used to call us that... so I'd be Hewy.

23. What was your first car? When I was 16, I took over my dad's 1982 Jeep Wagoneer. You know the ones with wood paneling. We affectionately called it "The Woody."

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? Nope, it's the best. I highly recommend it.

25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons? The Simpsons.

26. Do you go to church? Yes. We love our little Catholic church in Old Town San Diego.

27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Dan Marino.

28. What errand/chore do you despise? Vacuuming and doing the dishes. That's why those are my husband's chores!

29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? I'm still sleepy!

30. Last time you puked from drinking? Over 3 years ago in Tijuana, Mexico. Tequila shots... enough said.

31. What is your heritage? Mostly Norwegian and German, with some English, Scottish, Irish mixed in. I'm a true Euro mutt.

32. Favorite flower? Gerber daisies.

33. Disney or Warner Bros? Disney. Even though I've extensively studied the historical impact of Disney on our American culture of conformity. I still love it! Plus, my husband loves it even more!

34. What is your best childhood memory? Christmas mornings.

35. Your favorite potato chip? Jalepano flavored are yummy.

36. What is your favorite candy? M&Ms.

37. Do you burn or tan? Oh, I used to tan as a kid. Now, I get scorched!

38. Astrological sign? Aquarius.

39. Do you own a gun? Nope.

40. What do you think of hot dogs? They're a rare treat. Especially the ones at Costco!

Join the fun everyone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home