Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm Ready...

For the last 5 weeks I've been writing down every blood glucose result, all of my insulin boluses, each gram of carbohydrate and everything I eat...

On Wednesdays I fax these logs to the CDE and she calls me on Friday with any changes...

I've been pumping with my Deltec Cozmo for 5 months now...

For the last year and a half my diabetes has been on the forefront of my mind as I lowered my A1c from 7.3 to the low 6's and learned more and more about how my body reacts to carbs, basal rates, exercise, etc....

All of this in order to prepare my body for a future pregnancy.

Finally, I'm ready because my current A1c is: 5.6

Now for the fun part... getting pregnant! Wish me luck :)

9 Comments:

  • At 3:39 PM, Blogger Vivian said…

    That is awesome. You have worked really hard and now it is time to have some fun. ;) Good luck, sending you positive thoughts.

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Blogger Minnesota Nice said…

    You go girl!

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Allison said…

    Yaaaaaaay! Babies!!

    Okay, perhaps a bit premature, but I'm still excited.

    Remember to come up for air! ;-)

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Scott K. Johnson said…

    Way to go! That's a lot of very hard work you've done so far - but what better reward could there be!?

    Good luck!

     
  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger Chrissie in Belgium said…

    Give yourself 5 big stars. Plaster them on your forehead. Be proud of yourself and realize that you CAN continue with this new way of life even AFTER the birth of your child. Why do Ds take such good care of their bodies for a baby, but then cannot continue this good management when it is ONLY being done for themselves? How can we think so little of ourselves?Something to think about, huh?

     
  • At 4:51 AM, Blogger Lyrehca said…

    Good luck!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Bernard said…

    Great Job!

    Give yourself a huge hug and pat on the back. And I wish you all the best on the baby front.

     
  • At 9:41 AM, Blogger Anna said…

    Wow, that's fantastic! You really busted your butt getting such a great a1c.

    Have fun getting knocked up. :D

     
  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Annie said…

    Good luck! I, too, have been preparing my body for pregnancy. I just found out last week that my husband and I were successful! Now comes a new string of anxieties... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home