Diabetes Diary

Kelsey's diary about living life with type 1 diabetes.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Wake me when the semester's over

Do you know that feeling when you have SO much to do, you just ignore it all?! Well, I'm reaping the benefits of that situation now.

I knew I was taking on too much this semester... I work full time at a CPA office, in the Litigation Department and I'm taking two courses for my MA in History. To put this in perspective, my first semester of grad school, I took two classes and that was it!! I didn't work.

This is insane! Why, you may ask would I put myself through this?! I've been in grad school for two years. However, last year I only took one class per semester, since I was planning my wedding and starting a new job. So, it's time to finish up this degree so I can get on with the rest of my life.

In the weeks preceeding Thanksgiving, I was in charge of leading one of the seminars, so that took up a solid week. I knew I had three papers to write, but (see first line of this blog...) I didn't get started on them. So, here I am three weeks before the semester ends and tons of work to do!

Meanwhile, my husband was feeling under the weather over Thanksgiving and I feel like my body is trying to fight off a bug, because again.. my blood sugars are running high. I'm combatting it with lots of insulin and trying to find time to work out. I just KNOW I'm going to come down with something as soon as the semester ends and the holidays begin. That always happens to me! My body (and mind) build up a defense while I'm busy and just cannot afford to be sick. So then it hits me as soon as I relax and let my guard down. Anyone else have that experience?!

So, Cuban Revolution paper first... then the biggie on race and class issues in the workplace and finally a short review of a Central American history book that I haven't even cracked open yet! Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 AM, Blogger Kerri. said…

    I'm with you on the "healthy until I let my guard down" bit. It seems that the more I push myself, the better off I am. One moment of relaxation (gasp!) and I suddenly have a cold.

    And good luck on the Cuban Revolution! (In re-reading that, it sounds like you're staging a coup.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home